Let’s be honest, home ownership can be a downright pain in certain ways. I’m not to saying that owning a home doesn’t have a bright side, but be honest, sometimes the hassle is real. Here’s some hassle-relief in the form of DIY hacks so your relationship with your home is a long and beautiful one.
1. Plywood is the answer!
Cut on a bias, plywood can make for extra strong hanging material! Use this in places where thumbtacks dare not tread.
2. Get the drop on falling hammers!
Ever been to the top of a ladder, just to drop your hammer? It’s a nightmare. An AC Clamp can cure what ails ya.
3. Don’t let grime keep you from clear cooking!
Remember growing up and all your meals looked greasy and brown when you checked on them? Well now we can give you a clear picture when it comes to your cooking. Here’s the tutorial.
4. Aw nuts!
If ever you find yourself without a wrench, but a surplus of things you turn with a wrench, this will help you in a pinch.
5. Use a tackle box as your first aid!
This is a great idea, also a Kit-n-Kaboodle would work just as well.
6. You can make a literal trap door!
Good luck not snapping your fingers eleventy-billion times installing this.
7. Dirty fireplace glass? Clean it up!
The only thing you need to clean the glass in your fireplace is a paper towel and wood ashes from your fireplace. Dip the wet towel in the ashes and use it to clean the glass. That’s it!
8. Put the squeeze on your lemons!
A pair of tongs and your citrus squeezing problems are a thing of the past.
9. Build a chalkboard table for your kids!
10. Food trays for your car!
A $1 Target bucket can make the perfect food tray when eating in the car.
11. Hangers with a new twist!
With a little bit of elbow grease, twisting and possible pliers, you can have new shoe hangers for your closet!
12. No more whining… I mean twine-ing!
With nails, funnels, and the need of a ton of twine… you’ve got the perfect hack!
13. Convert old mason jars into spout containers!
You’ll probably cut your fingers a ton installing these, but this is a very cool household hack if ever we’ve seen one.
14. Use a magnet to find the studs in your wall.
15. Use empty soda cases to store and organize canned goods.
16. With a little water and baking soda, you can easily clean though tough stains on oven glass.
17. Repurpose an empty can of wet wipes to hold plastic bags.
Better than an old sock hanging in the pantry, these containers are perfect for dispensing plastic baggery.
18. Wine: is there anything it can’t fix?
Adopted from the brilliant Corona-rita drink, this idea is perfect to slow water your plants.
19. An oldie, but a goodie.
Aluminum can tabs can be a great way to keep outfits together in the closet.